Wednesday, February 15, 2017

REVIEW: BEHIND HER EYES BY SARAH PINBOROUGH

Published by Flatiron Books, 2017. Hardcover, 320 pgs.
Goodreads Description

       I couldn't read this fast enough. It was my Book of the Month selection, and PERFECT beach read. I was intrigued, and felt challenged by the included bookmark, which had the blurb "You won't figure it out. I promise" from the judge who chose this selection. Well, by golly, I really wanted to figure it out. I didn't.
         Excuse the overused comparison, but there are similarities to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The deliciously unreliable narrator, crappily behaved man, and annoying "other" woman all form the epitome of a convoluted love triangle. There is even a diary. Don't let that dissuade you. There are fascinating differences even with the similar setup. You vaguely realize certain elements will be key to unlocking part of the mystery behind this supremely disturbing marriage, but the extent is sufficiently difficult to guess. I hope this review has been enticing and vague. You're in for a treat! Don't start late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment