Wednesday, May 3, 2017

REVIEW: THE LITTLE BOOK OF HYGGE BY MEIK WIKING

Published by Penguin UK, 2016. Hardcover, 288 pgs
Goodreads Description

       Who doesn't want to live a better life? While the philosophy of Hygge still feels broad and abstract after reading, I like the idea of it being adaptable to your own definition. The plethora of ways different cultures adapt this in their homes and community was enlightening. I would have liked a bit more on how this shapes politics and world view, but this might be harder to explore because of the intangible quality. 
       It corrected some of my misconceptions about being an introvert. Introversion doesn't necessarily mean an aversion to people, introverts can still be social! It's the large group setting that is not preferable. That alleviated some of my fears that I was abnormal:-P This is a cozy little book, even if a bit vague and predictable. A great coffee table edition to your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment